Golf Scramble Rules
- Each team member tees off from your starting hole. In this format, your team’s opening hole can be any of the holes on the 18-hole course as assigned by organizers.
- Choose the best tee shot through a general consensus of your scramble team. The group can decide the best tee shot based on any criteria they choose. Usually, the best shot is the longest drive that lands in the fairway.
- Mark the spot of the best tee shot with a golf tee or ball marker. Direct other players to pick up their balls and hit from within one club length of the marked spot, but no better lie.
- Continue selecting the best shot until one player hits the ball in the hole. The team score is total of the best shots.
- Threesomes are permitted to rotate a fourth shot from each ball location. In other words, one person will be hitting twice from each position. However, the person hitting two shots cannot do so consecutively.
- Men and women tee off from their corresponding specified tees.
Longest Drive Rules (Hole 3) – Male and Female
Longest Drive is won by the golfer who hits the longest drive during the course of play. To win, the ball must be in the fairway when it comes to rest. There are separate contests for men and women with separate prize pools.
- Golfer pays $5 to participate in longest drive contest. Can be paid at registration and or can be paid in cash to volunteer at the hole. All names, payment confirmation and winner should be noted on the provided clipboard page.
- The object is to hit the longest drive during the course of play.
- In order to win the contest, a shot must be in the fairway when it comes to rest.
- The person with the first long drive writes their name on the marker and that is placed in the fairway.
- When someone hits a drive beyond the marker, they move it to where their drive ended and write down their name. This continues until everyone has completed play.
- At the end of the event, the person who hit their ball the farthest on this hole, wins. Hole Volunteer needs to take note of the winner.
- Golfers can purchase additional chances if they don’t like their original result. $5/chance. And up to 3 chances only.
- Separate contests for Women and Men.
- Winner takes 50% of the prize pool (separate men and women prize pools) and will be announced at the reception.
Closest to Pin Rules (Holes 8 & 15)
Closest to the pin is won by the golfer whose tee shot comes to rest closest to the hole. To win, the ball must have stopped on the green. Any balls off the green are ignored, even if they are closest.
- Golfer pays $5 to participate in closest to pin contest. Can be paid at registration and or can be paid in cash to volunteer at the holes. All names, payment confirmation and measurements should be noted on the provided clipboard page.
- All golfers take their tee shot.
- Measure with measuring tape and note name and measured distance.
- Winner takes 50% of the prize pool and will be announced at the reception.